Municipal Trash Collection
Visit the ACUA website for more information and to set up reminders.
- Residents are encouraged to limit their weekly trash to three (3) 32-gallon containers or the equivalent.
- Recycling is mandatory. Make sure to separate all recyclables from your trash for curbside pick-up.
- The Buena Borough Drop-off Center may also be used for disposing of other recyclable items such as: brush, metals, motor oils and tires. Note: NO trash is accepted!
- Reuse or donate items such as clothing, good furniture and old books instead of just throwing them away.
- Excess trash will be left until the next pick-up date if over the limit. Please remove from the curb until the next trash pickup.
- Trash containers shall be metal or plastic, water tight, have handles, not exceed 32 gallons and weigh no more then 40 pounds when filled. Plastic bags may be used in place of containers. Metal drums are not acceptable. Please secure trash from animals. Loose or non-containered trash will not be picked up.
- Bulky Waste. Residents may dispose of ONE (1) bulky items per week with household trash.
- The Boro's Trash Collector collects only residential trash. Commercial, industrial and business, plus building or demolition projects, must provide their own dumpster (or arrangement) for pick-up by a private hauler.
- Placement time. All waste materials set out for collection shall be placed at curbside no later than 7:00 A.M. on the day of collection. All empty waste containers must be removed from curbside by 7:00 P.M. on the day of collection.
- Trash rule violations carry penalties of a $100.00 to $500.00 fine and/or community service may be assessed.
Regular Recycling Day: Every other Friday
The Borough's Recycling Coordinator will make periodic inspections of curbside trash. Three warning notices are issued before trash is left behind and /or the resident receives a summons to appear in court. Penalties of $100.00 to $1,000.00 and/or community service may be assessed.
Blue Recycling Containers
The County provides each home in Buena Borough with one (1) blue 20-gallon recycling container. All containers are the property of the ACUA and are to be used only for acceptable recycling items. Any trash placed in the blue containers will not be removed. All recyclables can be co-mingled.
Christmas Tree Recycling
The Road Department will collect trees curbside during the 1st two weeks of January along with yard waste.