HOW TO REQUEST A BIRTH, MARRIAGE AND/OR DEATH RECORD
(Please contact Buena Vista Township at 856-697-2100 for Vital Records that occurred prior to 1950).
1. Print out and complete an Application for Vital Record. You must use this form or your application will not be processed. This form can also be obtained at the Registrar of Vital Statistics office.
2. You must provide exact information that answers all the questions and identifies the information as recorded on the vital record.
3. You must provide proof of your relationship to the person named on the record; you must also provide one of the following valid acceptable forms of identification: Vehicle registration Insurance card Voter registration Passport Green card County ID School ID Utility bill(within the previous 90 days) Bank Statement (within previous 90 days) Tax Return for current or previous year.
4. If you are a married woman requesting your birth certificate, a marriage certificate will be necessary.
5. If you are requesting a birth certificate for a family member (father, mother, brother or sister), you must submit a copy of your birth certificate in order for our office to make the connection. For females applicants only, if you are married and you use your husband's last name, you must provide a copy of your marriage certificate.
6. If you are requesting for a spouse, you must provide a copy of your marriage certificate.
7. If you are the legal guardian or executor/executrix of an estate, you must provide documents reflecting such information. They must be dated within six months of request.
8. Please pay by cash or money order or check made payable to The Borough of Buena to pay the required fees whether applying in person or by mail. To mail in your application through the U.S. Mail, please send it to: The Borough of Buena, 616 Central Avenue, Minotola NJ 08341 Attn: Registrar
A Local Registrar may issue a certified copy of a vital record only to persons who establish themselves as the subject of the vital record, the subject’s parent, legal guardian or legal representative, spouse, child, grandchild or sibling if of legal age, to a State or Federal agency for official purposes or pursuant to a court order. A person who does not qualify will receive a “certification.” This is a document that may be used for information purposes, but not for identification or legal purposes.
For more information please contact our office at (856) 697-9393 x 0 for more detailed information.
FEES FOR CERTIFIED COPIES ARE AS FOLLOWS:
FIRST COPY $20.00
ADDITIONAL COPIES (OBTAINED AT THE SAME TIME) $5.00 EACH
At the time of your marriage ceremony, the officiant will give you a pink copy of the license. This pink copy is not an official record. You must obtain a certified copy of marriage from the Registrar of the Municipality where the marriage was performed. A certified copy is required to make legal name changes on driver's licenses, Social Security and bank accounts etc. If you are married in the Borough of Buena, please contact this office at the address listed above to obtain a certified copy of marriage. The fee for a certified copy is $20.00 and each additional copy $5.00. If you are married in any other municipality, please contact the Registrar of that municipality to obtain a certified copy of marriage.